We have a 12 year old boy in the house. 12 year old boys you know, they do strange things. Unfortunately for the 12 year old, when mischief appears in our household, he is usually the top suspect in the case. As was the case two weeks ago in the mystery of the disappearing shaving cream.
As you all know, the husbands "military" job in Las Vegas was a tad unconventional. So, he got out of the habit of shaving daily. Since we have moved to our new base, we have also moved back into the "real" air force. He has had to step up the shaving game. Well, all of that info was probably TMI and I promise to get to the point eventually.
So his morning routine is very "basic training" style. He can get out of bed and out the door in like 5 minutes. Not that I do a whole lot of primping, but I need an hour. Doesn't matter where I am going, I need at least an hour. Irrelevant, I know. Back to the story. In order to accomplish his morning marathon, he shaves in the shower.
He noticed about a week ago that his shaving cream kept walking out of the shower. The first few days, he went to grab for it in shower and instead found it on the sink. He didn't think much of it. Then one day, he found it in the cupboard. He blamed that one on my cleaning and putting things away. Then finally one day, no shaving cream in the shower, no shaving cream on the sink, and no shaving cream in the cupboard. No, this time it had walked outside the bathroom door and decided to sit in the corner of our bedroom. Now, he knew a kid was to blame. It was either one of our two. Or possibly it was the ghost child. I am quite sure every family has a ghost child in the house. He gets into mischief of all kinds. We know it was him because neither one of my kids take responsibility for leaving the milk out- ghost child. Toilet seat up- ghost child. Or eating the last bit of cereal and putting the empty box back into the pantry- ghost child.
Giving the ghost child the benefit of the doubt, we do have that 12 year old in the house. Jared assumed that the 12 year old boy was probably curious about the whole shaving routine. Now much more appropriate timing than 10 years ago when he last tried to use the razor (another story for another time). So, he questioned the 12 year old. As the boy immediately dismissed any involvement in the walking shaving cream. The blame was quickly being shifted yet again to the ghost child- poor ghost child.
But wait, the 7 year old girl overheard the conversation and quickly raised her hand- she is still learning the rules of classrooms and raises her hand at often inappropriate times (former home-schooler :)). She confessed to the crime, "I read the back of the can and it said Caution: Flammable! Keep away from high heat. I didn't want it to explode Daddy in the hot shower." She was let off the hook. She had a very good motive. She can't help herself, she has inherited the worry gene from her mother.
No comments:
Post a Comment